Monday, June 11, 2012

The Competitive Edge

<p>Yesterday I completed my first ever non sprint style triathlon. Distances were: 400 meter swim, 14 mile bike, and 4 mile run. I was less then happy with my times. As much as I try to tell myself that my only goal was to finish, it just isn't working. </p>
<p>I had lots of technical difficulties with the bike I was using, combined with my lack of biking ability lead to a HORRIBLE performance on that 14 mile bike ride. Coming in dead last on the bike is NO fun. You know you are in last place when the Batavia police are following closely behind you to make sure you are safe. I set out on this journey of running and competition for my son. And I keep telling myself that. I keep saying that I don't have a ton of time to really dedicate to full time training. As I am a mom of 4, and my husband works all night and sleeps all day. Throw in baseball for one kid, cuddle time for another kid who has been on and off under the weather for the past month, end of school year activities, it leaves little time for me to do what I need to do to be more competitive so I need to start figuring out a better way to consistently train.

For me just crossing the finish line isn't enough. I want better times, something I can be proud of.

I look forward to the Batavia Triathlon next year, and plan to improve much.

I guess I am way more competitive than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment