Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The scale doesn't lie

January 1st, 2012 I made a commitment to myself to get fit and lose weight. With my last pregnancy I tipped the scales at 210 pounds, and at only 5 foot 2 inches, that is a LOT of weight. After I had my daughter in 2010 I was stuck at 189 pounds for ever, and I didn't worry too much about it, because I was still breast feeding. But on this New Years Day, I decided that I needed to find the fitness level I had achieved in 2009 when I had first discovered my love of running. So I have been doing a diet that consists of very little to no sugar, whole foods, limited animal product, NO dairy, and I found a friend in my juicer and green smoothies. Add in my kettle bells and my running, and the pay off has been huge. 40 pounds GONE. Just like the scale didn't lie about my 189 pound body, it didn't lie yesterday when I weighed in at 149 pounds. I am not done losing weight, I want to be under 130 pounds by the end of summer, but I am pretty Dang proud of myself for what I have accomplished thus far.


No comments:

Post a Comment